Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Year's Eve in Reno?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should I book in for New Year's Eve in Reno?
Absolutely. Nothing starts the New Year off better than driving home with no money in your pocket and a raging headache.
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Sure. What have you got to lose except a couple hundred bucks?
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Yes! Reno is the best place in the world to celebrate any holiday and it will bring you good luck and fortune throughout the year!
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
No. Get back to work and quit screwing around making polls on the computer.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Only if you can get a ride in that sweet Cal-Neva limo down to the Nugget for an AA.
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: Nov Tue 01, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: New Year's Eve in Reno? Reply with quote

The magic of absolutely having to have a comped room has faded a bit for The Dog and I and we're just about willing to pay for a room for New Year's Eve in Reno.

That being said, should we go? It seems like it would be a cool place to celebrate New Year's, but I've never been a big fan of holidays in general. The last time I did anything for New Year's, it was years and years ago and I threw a black-tie event, which was fun, but nothing earthshattering.

Anyone been to Reno for New Year's? Should we book in downtown for a few days? Anyone else going for New Year's? And yes, I know Shooter's will be rocking!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Tue 01, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Love the Democracy! Reply with quote

Lily, don't let anybody discourage you from putting up your polls. I love 'em! Nowhere else can you see your vote have such a big effect on the totals.
JD

PostPosted: Nov Tue 01, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: NYE in VC Reply with quote

You should go up to Virginia City...stay at Tahoe House.

Lots of live music walking distance from your room.

VC does up the whole town for old time Christmas look and no problem finding a parking place on C Street (unless the snowplows bury your car).
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Tue 01, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: O, why not Reply with quote

Sounds like a great idea, Lily. I'm planning on spending new years in Reno for the 29th year in a row.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Nov Tue 01, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Poll Vault Reply with quote

I'm inclined to request an "All of the above" option, specifically for Lily's polls - although I guess that kind of defeats the purpose!

But really, the answer lies somewhere in between every one of those options - great poll, as usual!
Crapsjunkie

PostPosted: Nov Sat 05, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Ah Reno New Years Eve Reply with quote

Make that a go for sure! Believe it or not this would have been our 21st straight year in Reno for NYE. Wow the stories I could tell you. Anyway it looks like our group is staying home this year. I think we are really going to miss wrapping up the Holidays with our 3 Day Bender. LOL

Seriously most of the group, and we have had over 30 some years are too broke or out of work for the Party. No kidding Obama has done a job on almost all of us. Sorry only the truth!

I recommend Big & Rich at the High Sierra or any Party at JA Nugget! What fun. Dinner dances have been outrageous even for the guys, as most get hammered and everyone has a ball.

Go Reno!
TheDog

PostPosted: Nov Wed 16, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Big and Rich on NYE!!! Reply with quote

F-in A! Thanks for the heads up about the concert. Lily says we can go. They'll have to turn their amps up to cover Lily's grinding teeth, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: